HiFI Fuses ?

Wow. I got out of this addicting hobby about a year ago. It took a lot but I did it. Still think back sometimes. But the thrill is gone. I am using old crap stuff right now and for the last year. Sold my gear and running Vandersteen 2c and Musical Fidelity electronics. Boring. Fine.
Just got a copy of Music Direct catalog. Now they have advanced HiFi fuses that will improve the sound.
My god I miss this type of stuff. I could have a field day with this type of info here at AG.
Wonder how much they cost :)
scottht
Tbg wrote "I could go on and on. "

By why bother!! They are some who are so closed minded they believe they can not hear differences in any tweeks or cables and some say all amps sound the same. Then there are those who believe they can't trust thier ears, well to that I say get another hobby.

I view audio as I view life!

With an open mind!!

I find I get much more out of both when my mind is open!!

I really don't care if someone else can't hear it.

But don't tell me I'm a fool because I can!!
Benie, I always thought that looking for explanations on how or why things work was called curiousity or having an open mind. Simply stating that one doesn't care about 'why one hears a difference' or stating that why or how something works isn't important, shows a bit of closed-mindedness to me. But then, marketers just love those supposedly open-minded people.
Bob P.

Man has been claiming to see and hear things since his beginning, for all sorts of psychological reasons, and without proof. Over time, much of those early beliefs were debunked by investigation, research, or science. Fortunately, we've stopped burning those whom we thought were "witches".
inpep..., actually I see insisting that there be an explanation for why something should sound better as an indication of a closed mind. If something sounds better good science should seek to account for this even if it means going further than normal electrical engineers credo. I am with Benie in a practical sense relative to my audio system, although I would really like to know why the effect of the IC vanishes after a while and why the Mpingo disks don't always improve the sound of the component, and why an isolation transformer can help in many respects while hurting the sound in other respects. etc.
Just an idea but maybe a good place to start for those "sceptical but inquiring minds" would be to check out the Volex IEC powercable in their system, commonly availible for under $10...and see if they hear that power wiring improvement possibility.