HiFI Fuses ?

Wow. I got out of this addicting hobby about a year ago. It took a lot but I did it. Still think back sometimes. But the thrill is gone. I am using old crap stuff right now and for the last year. Sold my gear and running Vandersteen 2c and Musical Fidelity electronics. Boring. Fine.
Just got a copy of Music Direct catalog. Now they have advanced HiFi fuses that will improve the sound.
My god I miss this type of stuff. I could have a field day with this type of info here at AG.
Wonder how much they cost :)
scottht
TBG, I need more than apocrophal evidence that direction matters, since I don't even detect any difference in even 'ordinary' fuses let alone 'directional' ones.
By the way, what is directional about these fuses, besides the arrow (I presume) marked on them?
As for speaker wires not having anything to do with this, - well, I use them as an illustration of why directionality has no effect on circuits or wiring when they deal with AC currents, grounded or not. Perhaps you object to my use of that example because you have no evidence that I am incorrect about that.
Remember that a fuse is just a short piece of wire with the added property of melting at a given temperature, the heat being caused by the current through the wire, changing direction continuously.
Salut, Bob P.
Inpep___, I have no need to provide you with evidence any more than you have to provide it that ac within components is the same as in speaker wires and phono wires. If you have personal experience that you can hear no difference in fuse direction that should be satisfactory for you, but don't pretend that those who hear a difference cannot be given your expertise in understanding electronics.

I have no idea how a direction is established with the IsoCleans or holds on other fuses. I did ask the IsoClean people at CES, but they just smiled. I do know, however, that when I put them in counter to the correct direction with the hot wire toward the transformers, they do not sound as good as the other way around.

Tbg - Might you steer Bob and myself to some technical articles able to explain how these directional fuses work over conventional variations? I can't speak for Bob, but with over three decades of electronics background, I'm unable to grasp how a "directional" fuse could perform better in one dirrection over another, in any AC circuit, of which Bob has already mentioned some audio-related examples. Does ANYBODY have technical info able to explain?

People provide endless personal testimonials for a vast assortment of products (some "questionable"), but to a large percentage of audiophiles, this isn't "proof" of positive performance. I'm sure there are numerous products that even YOU scoff at without trying (clocks, pebbles, etc).

Surely we can keep this civil.
Metro04, I don't mean to be confrontational, but certainly you have encountered performance improvements that make little sense from a EE perspective. I know full-well that we have different systems, rooms, tastes, and hearing. There is little evidence that can "prove" why power cords sound different, why interconnects sound different, why Sun Mook Mpingo disks work, etc. If some people don't hear such differences and don't, I attribute this to all of the above. I very much resent those who hear no differences dismissing those who do as not understanding "physics" or as delusional. It is entirely possible that they don't understand "physics" and that their personal biases keep them from hearing the differences.

If I hear a demonstration of a device or tweak that works, I don't want "proof" that it does. I would like to have some inkling of how it works, but concede that this is of secondary importance. When Lloyd Walker first told me to switch the direction of the fuse in my Walker modified AHT phono stage, my reaction was to be dismissive, but I tried it. He was right. I was also dismissive about dc voltage drainage and minimizing it by switching the ac cord. This also proved, at least on many components, to be quite important. I could go on and on.
Tbg wrote "I could go on and on. "

By why bother!! They are some who are so closed minded they believe they can not hear differences in any tweeks or cables and some say all amps sound the same. Then there are those who believe they can't trust thier ears, well to that I say get another hobby.

I view audio as I view life!

With an open mind!!

I find I get much more out of both when my mind is open!!

I really don't care if someone else can't hear it.

But don't tell me I'm a fool because I can!!