Shakti Stones Do they actuall work guys.

Shakti Stones: Does this work?

Where are you placing them if you only had one or two?
What is it doing to your system?

I need some straight answers please!
I can hear a difference in Powercords and cables and all others for sure, CONES and isolations devices work but depending, on my Table, you bet! On my amplifier I am not sure. so......any inputs are appreciated

Thanks
rapogee
Rapogee, there are sound scientific reason why items such as powercord and isolation devices can influence and alter the sound of a system. And you correct that some will influence some devices more than others.

Unfortunately, there is no scientific explanation as to why shakti stones can influence sound; itÂ’s all down to placebo effect.

Regards
Paul
Post removed 
I was browsing through(my father's!) MSEE tube textbooks from the early 1950s and came across a statement that a block of ferrous material placed on top of a transformer improves electromagnetic coupling between the windings. This explains the old transformer laminations found inside VPI bricks and perhaps the ferrites in Shakti stones. Expensive, mystical repackagings of simple ideas...
Google shows this as the patent:

http://www.google.com/patents/download/Passive_EMI_dissipation_apparatus_and_me.pdf?id=fcUBAAAAEBAJ&output=pdf&sig=ACfU3U1ER0cCB3--ypqIinrnvrGSZTKsew

John C.