Best Solder

I'm a little confused. What is the best solder? Johnson IA-423 (John Manufacturing), wbt or cardas? I'm about to start a project and the audio community experience would help. I was going to use cardas, but the Johnson has a high silver content (6.5% or so and no lead) and I've been told the wbt is a little more forward compared to cardas.
jj2468
No lead, it's just flux vapors. Good ventilation in the area needed but no draft hitting directly the working area since heating will be more difficult.
No it doesn't but the flux smoke is toxic so proper ventillation is required.
I've read two variations on a single suggestion that appear to minimize risk of overheating the component and that purport to avoid a cold joint. My understanding follows, but I'm not sure I've got it right: apply the tip of the iron to about 1mm to 2mm of solder between the tip and the junction of the lead and trace; and as the solder instantly melts apply the iron tip to the junction of lead and trace and the tip of the solder to the junction of the lead, trace and instantly melted solder (not to the tip of the solder wire) and melt the amount of solder you need.

Am I understanding this right and do you recommend this technique? Does it avoid fried components?

Thanks again, Jeff
I don't want to hijack the thread, but is there any tool you like better than a Metcal soldering tool?