soldering iron

Im about to attempt a repair on an amp but need to purchase a soldering iron. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good iron. I recall reading somewhere in these threads about a haiko, I believe, but I cant recall the details, any suggestions appreciated.
renotunes
3 thangs to remimber when soldering ,one tin the tip frequently second keep the tip clean by wiping it with a clean wet sponage and third heat the component leads with the solding iron and apply the solder to the heated component leads as well, this prevents a cold solder joint in the future ,in regarts to buying a soldering iron unless you solder alot any $15 iron at say Radio shack type place will do just fine.
the main item of concern is the iron's power rating, which is determined by the type of work you want to do. If you are soldering / desoldering components on a circuit board, then use a 25 watt iron with a pencil point tip shape. If you are soldering wires, then a 40 watt power rating with a spade tip shape is more appropriate. If you are doing heavy work then a 60 watt iron is probably going to work better.

I usually use a Weller iron myself but there are many good choices available. I found a nice little dual-heat 25/40 watt iron (with a selector switch) that I like to carry in my field service kit (I think it was from RadioShack).
I was in the same boat till two days ago when I bought a 40 watt Weller for $ 16.99 at
Sears Hardware, 7 year warranty.
Hakko is very good quality too.

Next up is this nice Mini Solder Pot from a company called Hexacon for about $ 70.00
Part # MP-945, 946, 947 or 948 depending on your temperature preference (last number denotates temp. in degrees) perfect for my wire stripping & tinning chores.
appreciate the responses, I spoke with the amps tech and he is sending out a resistor that I need to solder to some caps, he mentioned there are a bunch of wires attached to the terminal so what heat range would be appropriate, thanks again