Perhaps we should stick with midfi...

I just bought a $60,000 system with big names like krell, Audio Research, Mcintosh, B&W 802 D speakers, Sony SACD, Transparent wires, etc, and I get more enjoyment from my sub $1000 I put together used with ADS speaker, NAD monitor pre amp, Onkyo Integra M-504 power amp, Toshiba SD-9200 DVD player (as CD and DVD).

I am thinking I should have stopped with my midfi system now...

Anyone else have similar sentiments, or is my ear not golden enough to hear the difference yet?
gonglee3
It's interesting how this thread dried up and all the naysayer's headed for the hills once the supposed "troll" produced a photograph of the $60k system. These forum groups are so funny!

Back on topic, Gonglee3 brings up a point that I've been exploring the past 5 months. MidFi gear is pretty good sounding stuff. Bought my first Chinese tube amp (Prologue 5), my first Chinese integrated (Grant Fidelity 534b) since owning a French Kora integrated for a secondary system over a decade ago. Each of these components sounds as good as gear 3 times their price point. And what's even better they're priced used at prices any1 can afford.
Gong,

I would not worry about things like midfi, hi end labels on gear.

Its good to have reasons for buying things other than just to buy stuff that is "better". You always have to start with getting the right speakers for your taste that can work the room well. Then you go for an amp that is capable of driving the speakers to the max. Then you tweak the source and wires, etc. If you do a good job with the amp and speakers and room synergy, the rest comes down largely to personal preference using most any decent gear.
I don't even think these systems are in the same house. One is thrown together, things piled on it, crappy cords and wires. The other is perfectly arranged, speakers are towed in, good cords, well dusted, etc. I've been in many homes, and if the common rooms look lived in the whole house looks lived in. If the common areas are immaculate, then the rest of the house will look immaculate. I think that picture of the high end system was taken in a dealers show room or someone else home.
Prpixel,

Being the trained observer that you are is it a mere coincidence the carpet and walls in both photos are identical?

I suppose my place is an exception to your house cleanliness rule for my listening room is well organized, the rest of the house, ummm not so much. Oh but could it be that the area of his midfi gear appears that way because of the type of gear it is? Well, it's just a thought...
The carpet is not the same in both rooms. One room has a light grey carpet and the other has a off white throw carpet over soltio tiles. If you zoom, the profile of the baseboards is different. The room with the B&W speakers has a "show room" vibe to it. Having been in thousands of homes over my life time and quite a few Hi-Fi show rooms, this is my opinion.

Your listening room is well kept because you have a lot of respect and care for your hobby. I imaging you dust and vacuum on a regular basis in your listening room. Also, you have great respect for your equipment no matter what room it's in.