Best Headphones & Amp---Opinions Please

I have a B&W / Lexicon centered high-end system. Just discovered the joy of listening to headphones. Have the Senn 650's with an upgraded 15 foot Cardas cable (no headphone amp) connected directly to my Onkyo 905 receiver. I would like to "push the envelope" in this area by upgrading to whatever my fellow aduiogoner's may suggest.

I would like opinion on the best equipment available. Cost is not a major consideration, but, I would rather not spend considerably more just for a 5 to 10% improvement--in other words---the most bang for the bucks.

Thanks in advance for your assistance--Dave
djones1915
Post removed 
Best headphone I have heard (vs. Senn 650, AKG 701, Stax Lambda Pro)is the AKG K1000. If you go that way, they need to be driven from the speaker outs from about a 5 wpc or better amp. This puts many SET integrateds into the picture. Right now I am using a Glow Amp 1 which has USB DAC or RCA line level inputs. The K1000s have very quirky ergonomics; about $1K on the used market (no longer made) but are cleary the best I have heard.
I have a little el84 based Glow Amp 1 that is quite amazing for the money. It also is a darn nice piece with speakers.
I have found going and visiting "can jam" a real eye and listening session it really helped me identify various Amps and headphones.

I presently have the AKG K1000 to a Cary 300SEI with Western 300B after experimenting with many different headphone applications this is by far the absolute best.

If you do not like tube maintenance than I would look towards the Senn. 650 or the AKG K701 with a Headroom Max with dual mono amp design, they are a great consideration.

Enjoy music!
Really appreciate all the great suggestions---Audiogoner's are simply the BEST! I only wish I had more specific knowledge I could share---I do what I can though.

Thanks again---Dave