Best sound at RMAF

Room #535 by a long shot. Vyger TT, AirTight PC-1 Cart, Kharma speakers, Tenor Audio Amp.
Room #9025 E.A.R. USA All EAR but the 2 Dynavector XV-1S M/S.& cables.

Most disappointing. Most of the rooms.

The Fry Street Quartet that was playing was the ear mark for all rooms and many fell short. Passing by them playing was a relief from the different gear being played. I ran out of some rooms. The greatest speaker on the planet.......... not.

It was the simple systems that were musical that was worth hanging around and spending time with. Harbeth for example.

Big money systems with no TT, I don't get that.

I own all Audio Note and I was let down by the level 2 presentation as my system is much better. Not that it was bad but AN can get best sound at the show with a level 5 system.

All in all it was worth going to.

Thanks to Audiogon, Darrin of Audio Limits, Brian of Aaudio Imports and Peter Q from Audio Note I can say I have a system that sounds so much better than what I heard at the show. That my friends is what it is all about.
So happy I am that I didn't have to spend two, three times the money to have what I have. Audiogon rules!!
128x128glory
As, on Audioasylum, I am odd man out. I spent some time in the Pioneer room but only got to hear the TADs, rather than the much better sounding, SX-1s, which were not even at the show. To my ears the TADs always sound slow and wooden.

I thought the MBLs sounded just okay as usual, especially as I remember when they were unlistenable a few years ago. I walked in and out of the Wilson suite. The Cogent suite showed the beautiful compression drivers again, but had no bass nor any impact, just liveless.

As usual there was little to listen to until Sunday as nearly everything was brand new on Thursday at earliest. I continually vow to attend only the last day of shows, but never do it.

Before Sunday only the Grand Veena suite sounded any good. On Sunday, the Feastrex suite, the LSA suite, and the Acapella suite sounded quite good--quite a range of prices.
I had to go to a wedding this year and wasn't able to attend. However, I'm surprised that no one liked the Soundings/Sumiko suite. I was mightily impressed in years past by good gear, properly setup. Were they there?

Dave
Dave,
I've mentioned on a few different threads how much I liked the two rooms sponsored by Soundings. In fact, I've now done some business with them and am expecting a new pair of VA Strauss speakers to come rumbling up my driveway any day now. For all the bad sound blamed on the crappy hotel rooms, Soundings really made the most of what there was. The room with Primare electronics and the VA Beethovan Baby Grands was shockingly impressive for such a relatively modest system. The other room, featuring VA Mahlers and Rowland electronics was even more acoustically stunning. Not only did I get to meet and briefly speak to Jeff Rowland himself, but all the staff from Soundings and Sumiko were extremely knowledgeable and cheerful; despite, being stuck in hot demo rooms for several days.
Peter