WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd
So Helen you guys work together and both have a passion for audio equipment and music, that must be cool!
My wife notices before me when my latest purchase gets past the 'burn-in' perion and startes sounding really good.

It is truly a mixed blessing that, while my wife can be very happy listening to a boom box, she also has better hearing than me and can come home, listen to my music and notice I just changed tubes.

Oh: advice to the 'youngers'. Insist on separate checking accounts. Never look into hers, so long as she contributes her part and does not go into debt.
This thread kind of bums me out actually - what's it like to have a spouse that doesn't like music? Or doesn't care about reproduction (if it's affordable)? It would be a deal breaker. It would be one thing to be talked into going on a fabulous vacation rather than buying speakers, but to redo carpet or something... Just reminds me I made the right partner choice on multiple levels. It's obivous the more time I'm around audio, it's not a guy hobby; it's a music support hobby.
I love the WAF. Being single I can take advantage of all the good gear that ends up on the used market when guys get married and have to switch to HT setups with little, tiny speakers.
Regalma1,

Don't kid yourself... my wife is fully accomadating for ANY audio gear I want.... I am sure I am not the only one, but I do have a great wife! Just for a sample of my life with her.... I wanted to buy a Meridian 861v4.... she asked me if I would hear a difference, which I said yes to. She told me I should buy it. That's a woman!

KT