Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Heres an old one I still enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8878chOvfI&list=FLb0RTmUeR3KI2qQPJXPnK0g&index=20
Steve Winwood // Traffic - John Barleycorn (Must Die)
Steve Winwood·3 videos hope this works better.
I think anyone that digs/dug Led Zeppelin should check out Black Country Communion, a modern Rock 'supergroup' that happens to not only channel that classic Led Zep sound/style but also features Jason Bonham (who really sounds so much like his dad!).
It seems useless to me to spoon feed someone music deemed good by one person. As has been pointed out, individual preferences abound naturally. Seems like a pointless effort.

Sadly, most folks posting here on aGon (self excluded) regarding rock music - have decent taste in it or rocks myriad of styles, as evidenced by this thread here. (Daft Punk, Alt-J is NOT rock and is case in point to the title of this thread). And yes, at the end of the day to each their own - ala subjectivity.

@OP - yep, 99% of all commercial music (reference: on radio / and on the major labels et al.) blows. I knew that by the time I was 13 yo tho... that's why I don't listen to commercial radio or buy 99% of it released by the majors (we're still talking new releases here).

If you haven't found any new music that suits you by now - you are NOT looking hard enough. If you really thought this - and did even a minimal search on the web (bandcamp/rdio/somafm/pandora etc) - a spark would ignite and send you down many many paths of discovery.

enjoy the music... there's a kid or kid's in a basement or garage somewhere, anywhere, kicking out the jams that are waiting to find an audience....