Music to Impress my Kid's Friends?

Lately, my college aged children have been bringing friends over to here my system and I would love to buy a few great sounding cds that are currently popular. I obviously have lots of quality music to play but it might have more impact on the kids if they were more familiar with the music. I bought the Adele cd thinking that might do the trick but was I wrong. I'd even invest in some current vinyl if I knew they would were outstanding from a recording standpoint. Thanks
grandpoobah
My one son and his friends (mid 20's ) have really latched on to the Wood Brothers.Great band
And just how is the hi-end audio torch going to be passed if the current generation isnt exposed to music they can relate to on a great system??? Anything that could inculcate not only a love of good music but a love of high end audio is a win/win in my book and may just keep high end audio alive and kicking. Grandpoobah, you go, dude!!!
Forgot some music you might want to use: Fleet Foxes, Death Cab For Cutie,Arcade Fire, Bon Iver. I second The Decemberists. And I usually find that AC/DC's "Back In Black" will impress just about anyubody except the stodgy.
I would get Jack White's 'Blunderbuss'. The mastering is amazing as is the music itself. The variety of instrumentation is impressive to say the least. I would imagine it would appeal to most ages. It starts off heavy as in rock and then transcends into a bluesey and countryish rock. It's really quite amazing and I feel in the rock category it's the best I've heard since Neil Young's Harvest Moon. I'm more of a jazz guy but on the advice of my local audio shop, I bought the Jack White and it's been a real treat.