Disappointing Albums of 2012

So far (in the order of disappointment) from Jan 1, 2012 - Jun 10, 2012 are:

1. Great Lake Swimmers - New Wild Everywhere
2. Kathleen Edwards - Voyageur
3. Lucero - (giving up on these guys after this debacle. This one is way worse than "1372 Overton Park")
4. Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Americana (Comparing it to NEW MULTITUDES beautiful interpretations of unpublished WG songs these "re-interpretations" sound less like new interpretations and more like Neil just droning on singing the songs we all (american kids) hated to sing (speaking for myself).
5. Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball (time to take a break Boss. Last 3 albums have been big disappointments. Bye Bruce...)
6. Joe Walsh - Analog Man (he's rippin off his own guitar licks)
7. Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth (Yeah they still suck)
notec
I agree with the Kathleen Edwards, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen albums, very disappointing from these folks.

I do NOT agree with the Lucero "Women and Work" album. I was never a Lucero fan of their older, initial type of music. This new album is KILLER! One of my favorites for 2012 so far. I can understand, if you were a fan of theirs from the beginning, not liking this. There is an interview in Stereophile with the lead singer of Lucero and he talks about the change of style.
notec...i gree with all your disappointments. next up, neil young and crazy horse/sing the phone book.
Fortunately, I stayed away from the 7 albums that you listed.

I felt sorry in a way for Kathleen Edwards. I was always a fan of hers and was suspicious of all the press that her new album was getting and quite frankly, the previews did not sound that good at all.

I would also add to the list:

Ram (Paul McCartney) ... poor job done on the remastering, especially with the distortion that was added to 'Smile Away'.

Thick as a Brick 2 (Ian Anderson) - have been a fan for 40 years (since Stand Up days) and to be served up this slop.

Rich
Voyageur (Kathleeen Edwards) and Wrecking Ball (Bruce Springsteen) are, without question, two of my favorite releases of the year; not to mention their accompanying tours. If you're waiting for them to repeat Failer and Born To Run, you're going to be disappointed. If you like these two artists, you're going to really enjoy these two albums. I do agree with Americana (Neil Young); an especially disappointing release with Crazy Horse.