beethoven piano concerto

Recently listened to Lang Lang's recording on Beethoven piano concerto 1 and 4 and liked the music a lot.

Can someone suggest some good recordings that excel both in sound and performances? LPs would be great but CD/SACD/hi-res files are welcomed too.

Thanks
128x128glai
murray perahia on sony from the 80's.they're very inexpensive 10 to 12 bucks.the playing is great and the sonics are very good,considering that they're early DDD.
you would really enjoy the Fritz Reiner/Horowitz recording of the "Emperor" #5 in E-Flat. A truly inspiring performance when the Chicago Symphon yaws at its peak under Reiner and Horowitz was also playing so brilliantly. The recording is shockingly good and the CD version sounds good. If you value performance over sound you will love this one.
Just acquired a good copy (LP)of Edwin Fischer playing and Wilhelm Furtwangler conducting Beethoven's 5th piano concerto. A really amazing version well worth hearing.
I have that and I also recommend the Fischer/Philharmonia Beethoven PC #3 on a 10" Electrola.

Kal
By far the best version of his PC#1 IMHO is the ORIGINAL LP on DG performed by Arturo Benedetti Michaelangi with the Vienna Sym & Carlo Maria Guilini (circa 1980). I have the recent release on vinyl and the earlier CD, by they are dead sounding compared to the dynamically charged performance on the original LP. Find/listen to this one and you'll hear what I mean!