Extremely well recorded jazz double bass? cymbals?

I'm trying to decide on some speakers and have concerns about their ability to resolve on stand up bass.

Can you recommend a CD with acoustic, stand up bass on which you can hear the "wood," the "whiz" of the strings vibrating in the air...or just, something with fine detail?

Several of my CDs have great, prominent bass (Ray Brown, Patricia Barber, Diana Krall) but it's not that well recorded.

Would also appreciate something well recorded at the other end: extremely detailed cymbal and drums.

Thanks,
Jim
river251
Second the Wood suggestion mentioned above - Brian Bromberg is bass player. Fantastic album.

Try also Charlie Haden Montreal Tapes and Musica Nuda - Ferruccio Spinetti e Petra Magoni.
I have a few Alan Broadbent things with Bromberg on bass...sort of "Jazz Comfort Food" as it is really easy to listen to, and great stuff. On "Round Midnight" the bass is recorded SO "in your face" hot that I have to turn my sub down for balance. Also there's an obscure band from Vermont called "Vorcza" with one release...Keith Jarrett's son Gabe is the drummer and might be the best drummer I've ever seen. Interesting music too.
Consider "Trio Jeepy" by Branford Marsalis featuring Milt Hinton on bass and Jeffrey "Tain" Watts on Drums. Good stuff.
Try Waltz for Debby by Bill Evans with Scot LaFaro on bass and Paul Motion on drums. The best CD version is the Complete Village Vanguard set CD from which Waltz for Debby was taken. There are also high rez versions on HDTracks, although I have not tried them. I just ripped the Compete VV set. Usually considered Evans best and unfortunately LaFaro's last recording.
I have a decent semi-recent issue LP of "Waltz for Debbie" on frequent rotation around my place. It's a fave...amazing.