Radio Paradise -- Good Stuff

(First of all, I'm NOT affiliated with them in any way)

Just wanted to give them a plug though... Every once in a while when I need a change from my own (pretty vast) music collection...I put on Radio Paradise (they are a user-supported Internet Radio Station). Granted, you take a hit in fidelity (I think the best bit rate might be 192K) but the content is great...and If nothing else, it's great for background music.

The station is very eclectic... but not just for the sake of being so... almost every time I listen, something I've never heard before catches me...and I have to look at the playlist to write it down for my cd wish list! You will hear everything from Ry Cooder to Tears for Fears (Yuck! ; )

I wanted to share this for your (and their) sake...it's radio paradise. com

Here's their thing (mission statement, I guess)...(from their website)

"...Our specialty is taking a diverse assortment of songs and making them flow together in a way that makes sense harmonically, rhythmically, and lyrically — an art that, to us, is the very essence of radio. We hope that you'll enjoy RP so much that you'll want to share it with your friends, your family, your co-workers, your neighbors ... well you get the idea. ;~) ..."
128x128ml8764ag
Agreed. Been listening to Radio Paradise so much for so long, I sent them a donation. RP reminds me of FM radio in the 60's. Great variety of music (PLUS no commercials), brief interruptions for station ID every three songs.

A great way to discover new music. I stream it from my Squeezebox Touch to my Wyred4Sound DAC and it is quite enjoyable.
Agreed, love this station.

I work a day a week at home and I stumbled upon RP by searching for commercial free stations and it's great for background music for sure.

Also, I have discovered a lot of new music through this station--the latest that I was really taken by was a tune by I Am Kloot--really amazing song, can't remember the song title though.

They definitely repeat songs but the mix is great overall.
Hey 4est...thanks for the KCRW tip, I have added them to my bookmark Bar and am listening right now..

I actually have several of the KCRW live artist performance Cd's ...some absolute gold on them!