"Hidden Gems"'

I listen mostly to jazz, jazz vocals,classical, old r&r etc. I never cared for nature sounds combined with music until I happened to come across the following pieces.

1. "Back to the Fluture". By: Erik Sampson. Sampson is a bamboo flute maker and the cuts on this cd are comprised of him on flute accompanied by a small selection of other instruments, IE, guitar, piano, drums, sax etc. There are some bird, thunder, rain etc. sounds that are incorporated perfectly. This is a hauntingly beautiful album.
It is very well recorded and throws a huge sound stage.

2. "the Smoke that Thunders". By: Hennie Becker. This album is perhaps better known. It has an African theme w/tribal drums, instruments and a few tribal vocals, again, accompanied by African bird sounds mixed with tropical rain etc. on some cuts. The music and nature sounds blend together seamlessly IMO and also throws a huge sound stage.

These two albums helped me get through 5 kidney stones, well, and of course, a little vicodin.

Maybe you can turn us on to your "Hidden Gems".

Thanks to fellow A`gon member Richard_stacy, who`s idea this originally was and I would hope for his input.

Dick
capt369
You know, Rja, That is exactly like my first and one of my most painful stones, 25 yrs. ago. I remember it was red in color and as big as a pea-rock. Thankfully, I haven`t had a problem in the last 2 or 3 yrs.

Whoever started this supposed "Golden Years" thing was full of sh#t.

Dick
Dick,

Your description of Back to the Fluture sounds just like something I would be interested in. I did a quick Google search and it wasn't obvious where I could get a CD of it.

Do you know of a source?

Thanks,

Michael
Michael, google erik sampson flute maker. His site lists about four of his cd`s along with all the different flutes he makes. I have all of his cd`s. I think that Back to the Fluture is my favorite tho.
I just brought up his site. Scroll down the left side and punch other products/accessories.
Oh the kidney stones. I like the Rolling Stones a lot better. I only drink water now. No iced tea or dark sodas.

My hidden gems are Brazilian samba and tropicalia, such as Gilberto Gil, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Milton Nascimento (saw him in June and then met him on the street), Joao Gilberto and Cetano Veloso. If you like jazz, there's a good chance you'll fall in love with this music. You don;t have to understand Portugese. It just becomes another instrument as it's one of the romance languages. Try Antonio Carlos Jobim's 'Stone Flower' if you're just getting into it. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you off Agon for a car copy.