High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
@lak I have 2 suggestions for you. One is called "Two Shade" by Gerald Clayton. The other is called "Alive" by Hiromi. These are two really good albums. The other piano album I suggest is called "saturday morning" by ahmad Jamal. He is 85 years old and has been recording for 60 plus years. This last cd is smoking. Lol. Give it a try. This material with the high fidelity ultimates you have will be complete ear candy.
08-11-14: Badman
"System Wide" is unambiguous and includes loudspeakers. They're all just handwaving claims, meaningless and absurd. "3rd party" is a copout, and doesn't stand in any industry. Whose data, whose test did you use? Are they legit or someone you paid to produce false data to substantiate your claims? Laboratories LOVE to have their name referenced when they performed testing, it's free advertising. The only reason it's not mentioned is because it's a sham. Proper test results are a great marketing tool, and if they could do what they claimed, they would be used by military, nasa, everyone and their brother.

It's impossible to reduce "System wide" THD and IMD by 14% in the cables, since the cables are not meaningful contributors of these types of distortion. Cables cannot positively influence the operating behavior of properly working gear in THD and IMD. SNR improvement of 1.5dB is within typical measurement variance- someone's cell phone being in their pocket can make that difference, or broadcast schedules, or freeway traffic, or or or...... but I don't take issue with that 1.5dB claim, which is entirely possible.

Take a look at Stereophile. They measure amplifiers, preamplifiers, speakers, DACs, but not cables- why? Because cables don't show up on measurements in a meaningful way, unless they're broken (and "not nice enough" doesn't qualify as broken). Note that this is within audio cables specifically- when you get into true high power and/or high frequency design, every little thing gets more complex including cables, but we're talking about the audio band here.

Every person disagreeing with me has one simple task to "win". Show meaningful distortion measurements from an audio cable (not claimed nonsense measurements by some unnamed 3rd party, proper measurements with methodology, etc). Any audio cable. If it were a big enough issue to reduce system distortion by 14%, you'd better believe it would have published measurements- just like every other type of gear around. Such testing doesn't exist, because cables don't add meaningful THD, IMD, or most other measureable distortions. Noise is definitely one area where they can contribute but 1.5dB is NOTHING.

While I'm not an audioholics fan, this testing does indicate that there are not significant THD components derived from the cables themselves, which would be a prerequisite for achieving the claimed improvements. These are at levels well below a typical system's noise and distortion floor, even with loudspeakers excluded.

www.audioholics

Use 'em, enjoy 'em, I don't really care- there are legitimate mechanisms by which cables can introduce their own sound into a system. THD and IMD claims of this magnitude are outright lies.
Badman (Reviews | Answers | This Thread)

Badman, I think some of your points are valid. Maybe TBG or someone with Rick's ear can garner a better explanation of said results.

A more interesting topic would be magnetism and audio and its effects on RFI, EMI and potential "timing errors" in the music that was highlighted by software co-developed by Vertex and Nordost: http://www.stereophile.com/rmaf2010/nordost_and_vertex_measurements/index.html

Badman, what are cables doing in your opinion if anything?
After several attempts to allow HFC cables a proper break-in...mostly due to HFC model upgrades, I am pleased to proclaim my system is sounding more musical than ever. I have a combination of HFC UR interconnects, Hidiamond speaker cable and power cords, plus an HFC URR power cord feeding the conditioner. Lower noise floor, better extension, excellent and non-exaggerated imaging/staging...and plainly, less colored throughout.

That being said, I share the sentiment of some, who feel the unrelenting barrage of superlatives by the daily crowd is not merely tawdry, but suspicious. These cables, in my opinion do not require iterated and re-iterated laudations from the same 5 or 6 members. I mean we get it. You love em...can't and will never wire with anything else. I get it. I can see comments when upgrading, but reports of another night of bliss? Does begin to smell.

The discussion on price is another story. All the wires I have bought have been on the used market for substantially less than retail. Sabai, I do not know if your home-constructed cables perform as well as, or better than HFC...you'll never know until you try a set...so what's up with the attempt to disparage a product you are inexperienced with? I personally am blown away at how well my system sounds with these cables, but I do not feel compelled to convert anyone, nor do I know how well they might perform in other systems.

I do wish the gushing would end. It detracts from the substance and leads me, and apparently others to believe an on-going loop of marketing has intruded upon this thread.
Thanks Calvinj, Lak for you posts. Enjoy the Music! I agree and might have mentioned that 100 times in the last 20 pages. ;-) Glad to hear music suggestions. Choosing music has always been a chore for me. a million choices. It has gotten easier these day as my system has improved to the point where all music sounds incredibly involving, emotional, moving.
I am having friends who love music in town over the holidays and am glad my system is back up and sounding beautiful again. I find that the pure, natural, so real sound with HF cables has made my listening experience
additively joyful. I may get a little surly when my system is down.
Thanks for the invite Calvin, I'd love to hear your system! Your invite to my place is always open! Cheers! D
Post removed