Clarence Clemons - RIP

Clarence Clemons passed away today at 69. Rest in Peace Big Man.
lenny_zwik
The Big Man was kind of scary when I first encountered him at Winterland in late '75/early '76 on the Born to Run tour. I was belly up to the stage and he towered over the crowd and was very imposing and mean looking. Soon his famous Santa Claus laugh echoed through the hall and the real Clarence Clemons came through. We have been lucky to know him and Bruce was lucky to have Clarence as part of his legacy. I'm going to miss him every time I hear his sax or voice and remember how his warmth always came through.
I thought that he stole the show at my first Springsteen concert. It was at Jennison Fieldhouse in East Lansing, Michign in 1975. He made quite an impression that night and it's really sad that he's gone.

Marty
Lindisfarne, I'm sure that Clarence appreciates your correction of my use of the word "any more", since this topic is about him. Sorry Clarence for my mistake.
Last night I cranked Jungleland from Born to Run in his memory. Clarence plays one of my favorite sax lines in that song; yes you all know the one I'm talking about.