Best format for SteelyDan...

I have virtually everything by "The Dan" including solo stuff on LP, CD or SACD. Hoping to find recordings that improve sonics over the pre-Aja CDs; in particular, "Pretzel Logic" "Katy Lied" & "The Royal Scam". Are the "re-masters" the way to go? Have these 3 even been re-mastered?

As an editorial comment, I don't understand why these guys don't have everything re-issued in some kind of hi-res format. If you know otherwise - please advise!
(fwiw - I'm running an upgraded Denon 2910 "universal" player). Thanks in advance for your advice. Ciao.
128x128ghosthouse
Stampers, stampers, get your hot stampers now!!
Hot Stamper- $179

Hotter Stamper- $209

Hottest Stamper- $299

Be one of the first 1000 callers and get a set of Ginsu knives, a Popeil Pocket Fisherman, and a yearÂ’s supply of OxyClean with every Hot(ter) (test) Stamper.

Orders limited to 10 per person or until we stop laughing at you.

We enjoy giving you the business.
Ooops sorry, thanks for your business.
Freudian slip.
The Platinum Plus reissues on their US label have a pure analogue sound. They were the label response to Mobile Fidelity. They came out in the late 1970s and 1980s. I prefer them to everything else I have heard. Nice quiet vinyl using the original tapes. Hard to find but worthy of the investment. They did a nice job pressing these in small batches.
MFSL version of Katy Lied sounds pretty darn good even with the master recording issue of dbx versus dolby. Very expensive to get a copy on fleabay. I think I paid near $150.00 for a NM copy last month. I was also in an auction for a SS copy and it went for over $500.00. This MFSL LP is one of the 3 rareest since licensing lissues came up and the entire inventory that was not shipped was pulled from the market, hence the low number of this LP out on the street. I recently found a 1/2 speed master of Gaucho (MCA 6102 1980). It sounds the best of all versions I have heard
I find that people that knock "Hot Stampers" have either never tried it or dont have the money to afford one.... I'm just saying..... If you love the record, its worth checking out...
I find that people who buy "hot stampers" also drink kool aid and vacation at Area 51.

Hey, look up there about 12 o'clock..........did you see it?

:-)