High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Jmcgrogan2, you say, "You are correct Sabai, he does have an agenda, a hidden, financially motivated agenda." If he is he has only modified gear to sell and must be in disfavor as he got his Waveguide power center long after I got mine. I do think he is friends with Rick. Anyone who touts a product could be a dealer, but Audiogon doesn't care.

Obviously, few who read this thread care much about what you or Sabai post, especially Sabai. I doubt if his cables can beat those from Radio Shack.
"I don't read stuff by you or mapman or jmcgrogan2. never look at them, so best to you on other threads."

Case closed.
Sabai, try removing the magnets that surround your cables and system. You will find there is a veil and constriction that has been lifted from the sound.

Years ago I used rare earth magnets in various patterns to surround the connectors of a power cable I had. I also had a coaxial digital cable by a manufacturer that has magnets in the RCA itself.

When these items were first plugged in, it was like a void of silence, a huge improvement, such an exciting gain in performance, but as time went by, literally only a few days, the sound would continue to deteriorate and the magic was lost to the point the system started to sound negative compared to when the cables first went in.

I was mystified as to why this happened. Then I read a review of Lotus Audio magnetic power cables by Marty DeWulf of Bound for Sound. The exact same thing happened to him, those power cables were the best he ever heard, only initially, and then the performance deteriorated over time.

I asked Mr Magnets, Rick Schultz, why this happens with passively applied magnets, he had a technical explanation I will try and remember; the magnets initially create a magnetic field that the signal can pass through more freely than before, improving the sound. But over time the magnets start to magnetically charge the surrounding cable connectors, the wire, component sockets e.t.c in an uncontrolled fashion, making performance deteriorate.

After this experience with magnets, my initial concern about HFC was it would deteriorate, but its the opposite, it gets better and better with time. This must be due to using the magnets as a part of the signal path itself, rather than externally interfering with the signal.
Post removed 
Well here we go again. @ddraudt. We had a great session tonight we listened to junior wells, Hiroshimi,Bobby Mcferrin and Stacey Kent. We had a great session. It is the best my system has sounded. I'm happy today. It's been along hard chase to get to this. Its been real interesting lately here. Pretty much you can try the cables from the cable company or get an opportunity to listen to them by getting a demo. If you decide it's worth it to you you buy them. If you don't. Don't buy them. You have decided that this is your cable of choice and I'm glad that it is mine. It really has transformed my sound. I constantly have changed equipment the last 5 years and who knows. I might change my equipment again. However, my cables are going nowhere. I'm off the cable merry go round. The high fidelity stuff is the best I've ever heard. I care about musical performance over all else. Glad I tried it for myself. I have had many opportunities the last 3 years to grow as an audiophile. The growth has come by hearing the best stuff I possible can and trusting my ears. I used to read the forums and let other people decide. Im glad i trust my ears. I think I have pretty good ones. I guess earlier in this thread I got annoyed by the science part of it all I don't anymore. That is very important and I have gained a better understanding of what this product does. The number one thing to me is how does it sound. I really don't get into the technical stuff if I don't like how it sounds then it's over. It just seems to me that if I'm someone who hasn't and won't listen to a product why do I even care what another man is doing or what he or she likes. I appreciate your posts and it has encouraged med to listen to more. I'm a lawyer by trade and I wonder enh I spent so much time in the hobby the last 5 years and I realize one thing. I love the way it sounds and that's all that ever matters to me. Enjoy your system and your high fidelity. @tbg. I like your approach in your modded equipment. I would like to get to that point one day. I see why you tried the high fidelity stuff in the first place. It's a different approach. @lak. How is it sounding. Any changes. Is it getting better.@jazzonthehudson how are things going. Any changes in your equipment or sound. @everyone who ever reads this thread. Very rarely do I see someone post on this thread who has actually listened to the high fidelity and they are not impressed with the sound quality. To me that's all that matters. #Hearing is Believing!!! Just lower the background noise floor and listen actually listen to the music.Lol.