"NEWEST'" Favorite album

Stop the press!!! Tom Petty's new album "MOJO" is a MARVEL!! Congrats to him & the hearbreakers!
128x128tjnif
Awww, shucks. Thanks for reviving this thread. Madfloyd and I have since become friends and this was our first little chat...the above posts where he basically tells me my musical interest sucks. Now we've moved on to the point where he tells me my musical interest's still suck, I tell him what gear he SHOULD buy and then he tells me that sucks too. Seriously though, he's a good dude and his life would be complete if he bought Spectral amps. Hehe:)

As for new music, very much enjoying AND IV(inertia)from Grischa Lichenberger on raster-noton. His other 2 releases, an earlier EP on raster-noton and another on Semantica, are also equally as amazing.
I love threads like this.

Oh wait, I'm repeating myself. :-)

Then again, I get several recommendations a week from Richard (which are all very appreciated).

Genesis Revisited II - some GREAT cuts on here.
Genesis Revisited II is the current art rock equivalent of say the modern post WWII revival of Mahler spearheaded by Leonard Bernstein and others, except Steve Hackett is better qualified for the task than any of those guys were for Mahler in that Hackett is probably equally as artistically gifted (and daring) and actually helped compose and perform these classics originally!

I would normally hesitate to draw analogies between rock/pop and classical music historical scenarios like this, but believe Genesis Revisited II warrants such comparisons and that this music, like that of the Beatles, will live on for a long time to come.

The cover art (A Tower Struck Down?) is perfect and the packaging as a whole is top notch as well.