Sun Kil Moon "Admiral Fell Promises"

Another high recommendation for the forum. This is the new release from Mark Kozelek aka Sun Kil Moon, and quite a beauty. All acoustic (nylon), haunting, hypnotic, and unique... You could hear splashes back in the Red House Painter days but on "Ghosts of the Great Highways" he really came into his own. "April", the last record, was where the real magic happened, already a classic and one of my go to records at all hours. With this new piece you can hear a quiet confidence. There is more guitar work/range but it is overall much mellower. There is a subtle Latin flair to it also...True musical beauty. High quality sonics for us geeks too.

Highly recommended folks!
richard_stacy
Cool. Thanks for the heads up on Admiral Fell Promises. Agree 100% on APRIL (white marble vinyl!) as being a 'go to record at all hours.' TINY CITIES is sweet too.

Mark Kozelek's affinity for covers are always highlights - what does he cover AFP?
I am not 100% certain but I think they are all his songs. I have only given a couple of good listens and nothing struck me as familiar....although, I would have a hard time making Modest Mouse from Tiny Cities (agree...sweet)!

It's different from April but still very SKM. Let me know what you think...
richard, likewise thanks for the heads-up--i just ordered the cd. kozolek's a great, hugely underrecognized singer/songwriter/guitarist--worthy of mention in the same breath as nick drake, elliott smith and neil young. i'd also tout red house painters "old ramon", which is harder edged than his recent stuff, and "mark kozolek live", which i listen to constantly.