Any smooth jazz fans out there?

I've really become quite the smooth jazz fan over these past few years having Sirius radio and the Watercolors station. I've taken a liking to Brian Hughes smooth jazz guitar. Anyone know him? He's from California and performs that west coast sound. If you've ever heard the background music on the Weather Channel when they broadcast weather on the 8's, that's Brian Hughes. Listen over a great sound system and you'll love it. Also names such as Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Fourplay, Norman Brown, Euge Groove, Paul Taylor, Peter White, and the of course Spyro Gyra. Any feedback?
pdn
I don't like classical, but I don't call it crap. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it crap. I suppose anything some of you don't agree with is all crap. Tired of this. He didn't ask for negatives. Sounds to me like he is looking for others who like it. Hard to enjoy something one likes when all of the negatives get thrown in when they weren't asked for. I listen to smooth jazz, jazz, classic rock, a little country, bluegrass, blues, etc. If one of these doesn't meet your liking, I guess it's crap. Sometimes I wonder why I even read these forums. A lot of the replies are nothing more than crap.

Back in my early twenties, when I was into classic rock and roll, I found I liked listening to some Windham Hill artists, which seemed to put me in a good mood. Mellowed me out. (maybe I should put one on now...) If it puts me in a good mood, I really don't care what it is. If I come across something classical that does the same, I'll be sure to purchase it.

I listen to all of the artists you mentioned, and now I seem to be into the Yellowjackets. I'll start on a band, then run with it until I purchase every disc of theirs that I like. If it makes you feel good, go for it.
Before dismissing smooth jazz, know this:

1. check the credits on many of Steely Dan's early records, you'll find Larry Carlton's name on many of them. That said, he's credited with one of rock's most impressive guitar solos on Kid Charlemagn (?).

2. Nathan East, Four Play, has been Clapton's choice for a bassist for both tours and the studio.

3. Check out Carlton's Rerecorded CD, then let us know.
4. Check out Carlton's live CD with Steve Lukather from a live Japanese tour.

and on and on and on.....
Censoring opinion is the gateway to narrowmindedness. There is nothing wrong with naming crap when you hear it. It strengthens resolve. Hail satan.
I'm sorry some of us hurt your musical feelings. At the end of your thread, you wrote "Any feedback?" Perhaps you meant to say "Does anyone have a lot of positive things to say about these artists so as to stroke my musical ego?"