Any smooth jazz fans out there?

I've really become quite the smooth jazz fan over these past few years having Sirius radio and the Watercolors station. I've taken a liking to Brian Hughes smooth jazz guitar. Anyone know him? He's from California and performs that west coast sound. If you've ever heard the background music on the Weather Channel when they broadcast weather on the 8's, that's Brian Hughes. Listen over a great sound system and you'll love it. Also names such as Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Fourplay, Norman Brown, Euge Groove, Paul Taylor, Peter White, and the of course Spyro Gyra. Any feedback?
pdn
Why would you go through all of the trouble and expense of amassing great audio gear to listen to that crap?
Some clever marketing person once came up with the term 'smooth jazz'--that term sounds so much better than say: "fake jazz, that has almost nothing to do with real jazz, but gets people who know nothing about jazz, to think they're listening to jazz".

Once I was forced to go to an outdoor Spyro Gyro concert by an ex-GF, at ear-splitting d-b levels. I felt like Malcolm McDowell in "A Clockwork Orange", only at least he listened to real Beethoven, not "Smooth Beethoven". Of course everyone should listen to whatever they like; it's really the corruption of the word Jazz that bugs me, & I'm guessing most people who understand the music & history of "real" (?) jazz feel the same way.....
Sonic wall paper. Elevator music. Dont these guys use drum and bass machines?

Go back and get some Wes Montgomery albums if you like cool electric jazz guitar.