The many musical faces of Mr. Miles Davis?

It was in the late 80's; I was in a funereal limousine, in Mr. Davis's hometown, and someone mentioned his name. An elderly lady chimed in, "I remember Miles, he was the little dark skinned kid who used to always try to blow the trumpet". There was total silence, a very long silence I might add. Since she was the most grieved in the limo, there was no point in trying to bring her up to date. Mr. Davis's name was not mentioned the rest of the day.
Miles music has many faces, which one do you prefer.
orpheus10
Nicotico, google shows miles with a red ferrari, although he may have also owned a yellow one before that one.
Foster_9, I appreciate your contribution to this thread. Since our tastes are in harmony, I know you will dig Chico Freeman "The Emissary", if you don't already have it. I dug that Miles you hipped me to.
This is my first post here. I couldn't resist saying something about Miles.

There are very few musicians that have taught me as much about music as Miles. While I don't like all of his music, he has exposed me to styles and ways of playing that have opened my mind to even more great music. He is one of those musicians that I can trust to take me on an adventure every time. It can get bumpy at times, but I enjoy the ride.

For me, like most, it started with "Kind Of Blue", playing on my Grandfather's turntable as a child.

Many years later I started building my own "Miles Collection" when the remastered CDs were released. I immediately was drawn to "Porgy & Bess" and "Sketches Of Spain", Gil Evens is brilliant and worked so well with Miles.

After some warming up I went on to like "In A Silent Way" and "Bitches Brew". "In A Silent Way" is one of my favorites. I have never listened to "Bitches Brew" all the way through, but it's on my list.

One of my music treasures is the box set of "Live At The Plugged Nickel". I think I played nothing but that box set for a month or two in 2008.

Thank you for sharing....
Like Hellofidelity and others, I started with Kind of Blue, and I still go back to it (all the time actually). But recently I've been listening more to A Tribute to Jack Johnson, Live-Evil and On The Corner, which came just after Bitches Brew. If you like Bitches Brew, give those three a try - they really throw down some groove! Very different than, say, "Kind of Blue Miles."