Any feedback on the just released Hendrix albums

I just got the Valleys of Neptune and First Rays of the New Rising Sun today, and have only had time to listen to side D of Valleys of Neptune this version of Red House is just awsome. Just wondering what others think.
dwr
Alan douglas eeked out the top material more than a decade ago while he had control of the legacy . If you want to hear Jimi at his best , check out Jimi hendrix unsurpassed studio takes, this is a cd import with some outstanding tunes such as Cherokee Mist , and a nearly 12 minute Astro Man Jam. This disc is on yellow dog records 1994.
All of that stuff has been available on bootlegs (some fine quality) since the '70's. Still, the officially released material is generally superior.
Not impressed with Neptune. Thought I would be, but this is fair at best. The versions lack a certain energy--you can see the effects of over-touring and drugs taking over. Was not engaged at all. Stone Free and Sunshine just lack something--very pedestrian--not firey like I was expecting.

I think First Rays is the better release.
Bongofury,I think the greediness of the Experience Hendrix outfit has more to do with what you heard than any problems the artist was having,albeit,the man was deemed to be in bad shape. It's well documented that Hendrix spent an enormous time in the studio and recorded everything that went on,most of which I'm sure,was never to be considered for released.These people have been riding the man's coat tails since they got control of the music.It is obvious they will release anything to make a buck.This is just my take on the subject,I'm sure there are many others.