Black-Eyed-Peas, the future of modern music?

I saw the Black Eyed Peas in PA last night and all I can say is WOW. The whole production was over the top with a futuristic Science Fiction vibe. The music was like no other with so many influences its hard to classify as any one style.
The bottom end literally moved my hair and clothes.
The audience was a wide variety of fans. Many parents brought their children, 10,11 years old. The crowd was white, black, Asian, young, old (me) and happy.
I recommend you go see this show when the opportunity presents itself. It is history in the making.
dreadhead
Black eyed peas? Here's a case where 1+1+1+1=0

If the future of modern music is black eyed peas, I'm all for the return of disco.

Calling Gloria Gaynor, John Travolta, and Bee Gees......
Yech. I never heard of these folks so I listened to a clip on youtube. I guess that if vacuous tawdry consumerism had a sound it would be like that. I hope you all know what you are getting yourself into.
Its well-made music, and well-performed too.

Just like Hank Williams, or Queen, or Duke Ellington.

The TYPE of music is very subjective of course, but usually, in every fashion of music, there's well-done music, and there are wannabe-pros.

I don't think the Peas are the future of anything, but they are of their times, which is now.

Same was said of the Beach Boys in their days, and Olivia Newton John in her ''Let's get physical'' days.

If I was to take a wild guess as ''the future'', it would sound more like urbania-meets-life's challenges - or U2 in simpler terms. But it could all change in 6 months...
Well, I am getting long in the tooth but I just do not get the hype behind this band. I know they are respected but I just could not take that commerical where that will i am guy is contrasted with Dylan about the future of music.

I also still almost weep when Michael Jackson and one of my idols Sir Paul is in that black and white video. I cannot get to the remote fast enough.

As for the future of music in a mainstream kind of way, my money is still on his purpleness, Prince still slays black eyed peas in my book.

But I am old so I will go back to my Beatle records now.