Your First Vinyl Album.

What was your first vinyl purchase? I'm not talking about kiddie records but the first serious album you bought as a teenager. For me it was The Rolling Stones...Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass). This album was key in my making the transition from bubble gum to rock n' roll. It's still a good album.
hazard
11 years old, Lowell Massachusetts, Garnick's Record Store, 1972, Steely Dan's Can't Buy a Thrill. Still own it. Still love it. Just listened to both sides the other day.

Followed almost immediately by New Riders of the Purple Sage, Panama Red & the Elton John Greatest Hits album with him wearing the white suit. Still have them both as well. Haven't listened to the New Riders in some time. Played the Elton album for a friend so he could hear what a high end rig sounds like on the music of his youth.
You guys at 6 years old listening to the Stones... even buying it for yourselves... now THAT's precocious. I don't think I had enough saved up for a record until I was at least 8. And I certainly did not have the worldly knowledge of who the Stones were until a couple of years after that.
wow!! thats a tough one to remember back that far.I just looked at some of my old albums and I have a Jan and Dean Dead Mans Curve(Liberty label)still lurking around..
I also remember going to a store with a few friends and picking up Basie Meets Bond Jazz album...