Need recommendation for LVB Symphony 9

Guys,
Do you happen to know a good one? I currently have the recording by Furtwangler but I need to have something slightly better in term of recording quality. I think the Furtwangler was recorded in mono (just a guess).

Thanks.
andy2
Solti, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Decca/London

Always one of my favorites for power, energy and drive. An exciting visceral performance with good sonics even if highly multi-miked.
Gunter Wand & Hamburg North German Radio Symphony Orchestra, RCA. Back in the late 80's I got this version in a Beethoven Sym. Box Set. I was new to classical and one of the magazines recommended the Wand box set. Years later this interpretation of the 9th is still my favorite. The recording was made by Deutsche Harmonica Mundi and released on RCA Red Seal in the states.
Yes, the Solti is justly famous. Besides the Decca original, there was a very high quality LP reissue by Mobile Fidelity many years ago, if you can find it. And there is a currently available LP reissue (about which I have no particular knowledge) by Decca itself, which is available here:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=10274

Regards,
-- Al
I would 3rd the Solti. I also really like the Karajan/Berlin Phil on DG from the 60's. Another recent option is the Vanska/Minnesota Orchestra on BIS - - beautifully recorded and a very fine all around performance.
I second the Vanska on Bis hybrid SACD. I would also add Haitink on LSO Live SACD.