Hi-End for Black Metal?

Hello!

I am 33 and come from Russia. My passion is heavy music, namely Black Metal. I find it fascinating. I feel like a hermit because those friends of mine which are audiophiles do not like black metal. And those friends which like black metal (actually, play it even in bands!) couldn't care less about high quality audio gear.

Are there any people like me who own hi-fi/hi-end equipment to listen to heavy metal genres?
ironmine
Shadorne,
Black Metal is much more extreme than AC/DC. I guess you have to be a certain kind of guy to like this music.

YEah I realized I can't realy help you in your genre - BTO "Not Fragile" is about as far as I ever went - wimpy stuff I know.

FWIW - a good contrast to dark angry music is funk. Funk is happy music - try some and you may be surprised to find your feet tapping, although, it takes a while to sink in or catch the bug. Try some repetition of Maceo Parker Roots and Grooves Live for something exciting and interesting - without the anger.
Ironmine I also listen to some of those bands you like and I have found that revealing speakers, like Thiel are great for listneing into the depths of what are usually highly compressed recordings of that genre. Also, bass is usually relegated to the mid to upper bass levels, with the bass drum carrying most of the bottom and for that solid state amps that are quick work well. Having said that I recently listed to Lamb Of God with my tube system and I was pleased with the sound. All in all, a revealing system is what you want for metal, speed, hardcore, black and death.
I never realized that there was such a thing as "black metal", but sure enough, it appears to be a very well defined genre. I've heard some "Meshuggah" in my day , but even that does not qualify it seems (I think that is more "death metal"). Porcupine Tree, one of my more recent favs, they would be considered more progressive metal I think...they tend to operate in multiple gears from the highly melodic and psychodelic, aka early Floyd, to near death metal at times, particularly in their more recent work. I find the ultra metal stuff to be more effective and interesting when juxtaposed against more melodic themes within a single composition. I'm very much into the philosophy of ying and yang and like the prog metal groups like Porcupine Tree who know how to mix it up.

I would agree that revealing speakers like Thiel would probably work very well for metal in general.
'Axis of perdition' is not that radical. John Cage is radical. This is b level horror film soundtrack.
Who's never seen Metal: A Headbanger's Journey? Good documentary with a funny section on Black Metal.