G'N'R Chinese Democracy LP

I just bought one today at Best Buy ($19.99).on 180g. vinyl.
Only listened to two sides so far. Not impressed with the SQ. Anyone else had a chance?
maril555
I'm really going to get slammed, but I liked the Velvet Revolver albums, but I loved Stone Temple Pilots. Scott Weidland is great singer, and that band absolutely rocked (thanks to the DeLeo Bros). Of course he's a drug addict, so who knows if/when STP will ever come out with anything good again. Core/Purple and 4 where all great albums.
Agreed SQ isnt that great, even the free DL's included with the vinyl arent that great, but there are some very good songs on the album.
Two years later and little or no expectations, I found this album at 1/2 Price Books for $9.99. It really should have been released as an Axl Rose solo album, this is not GNR. More like Queensryche if you ask me. It's also not at all bad, in fact quite good IMO. Also don't understand the knocks on SQ. It absolutely sores on my system.
My opinions aren't among the most popular on these forums and that's fine. That's why they're mine. For $9.99 this was a pleasant surprise. Best album ever? Of course not. It was the victim of high expectations and really was doomed before anyone even heard it. Worth a revisit for anyone who enjoyed the 90's progressive flavored metal of Queensryche and the like.
I lucked out at Best Buy one day and they had the Chinese Democracy LP for $1.99. I guess Best Buy wanted to just wash their hands completely of the exclusive deal they had made. That and I guess clear out inventory.
This album is a therapy album, Axl bearing his soul to his ex. Now listen up,it went from Sweet Child of Mine to You Should be Mine to the songs on Chinese Democracy.I wasn't impressed with this,it lacked the punch and intensity of GNR.