Rock Siblings.....

I thought Julian Lennon had potential but that didn't happen. Forget Sean. Jakob Dylan is good but certainly not Dylan good. Zak Starkey has surpassed his Dad in every way. I think Damian Tuff Gong Marley does Bob Marley justice. Theres a bunch more out there, the more obscure the better. Any observations?
dreadhead
Yes, I have seen Zak with the Who and yes he was very good. But to say he has "surpassed his dad in every way" is putting things out of context.

He has not, and can not, surpass his dad in many ways the least of which is that his dad, RINGO, played drums for the biggest rock band ever. The band that is still the benchmark 45 years later. Do you know how many drummers only picked up a stick because of Ringo? It is probable that if there were no Beatles, no one in the US would have ever heard The Who or any of the other great British bands.

So please, put things in context. Yes, Zak is an excellent player technically and he can emulate K. Moon. And that is admirable. But no, he has not surpassed his dad!
For a close look at Zak, see the VH1 Who Tribute in current broadcast. Zak does a tremendous job and gets closer to Moon than anybody who has since sat in that seat. BTW some amazing performances in that special, particularly Pearl Jam (The Real Me & Love Reign O'er Me) & the closing acoustic Tea & Theater duet by Townshend & Daltrey. Recent touring has strengthened Daltry & he really belts them out.
The original statement of the OP "Zak Starkey has surpassed his Dad in every way" is simply untrue although other posters have danced around it by comparing him to Keith Moon, citing his technical ability, etc. etc.

His dad was one of the Beatles. Got it?

In the grand scheme of rock and roll history who would you choose to be, Zak Starkey, Keith Moon, or Ringo Starr?

Case closed.
In the grand scheme of rock and roll history who would you choose to be, Zak Starkey, Keith Moon, or Ringo Starr?

Please don't ask anybody at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
More to discover