'they blew'em off the stage'

what concerts have you attended, where the warm up act blew the headliners away.....my examples...brownville station upstaging zz top to the point where people where chanting 'brownsville station!' during the littl ol' band from texas' set.....another..t.rex upstaging lynyrd skynyrd(yes there really was such a show), and the grass roots upstaging cream.
jaybo
Philo,

Probably my mistake - I'd guess that the years have fused the memories of 2 different shows into 1. Definitely not a good sign.

Funny part is, every time I see The Who (about once a decade) I like the show more than the previous one. A few years back they played the Hollywood Bowl and tore it up,

If the Pontiac show you saw was on a freezing cold day, I'd say I'm the guilty party here.

Marty
the foo fighters opening for the police dodger stadium 2007.
i don't know what the police was thinking. they sounded
terrible.
AC/DC in one of their first U.S. performances made Savoy Brown look like a garage band. Savoy Brown was booed off the stage after their 2nd song.
Jerry Garcia Band opened for Bobby and the Midnights, So. Fallsburg, NY, 1982. Rained hard on Bob, everybody went home, except for some guy with a bottle of Jack who kept screaming "Ain't it good to be alive!" at the top of his lungs.

More obscurely, the smokin' hot cowpunk band Speedball opening for a lamentable Toad the Wet Sproket, Ann Arbor, early nineties. Anyone remember Speedball?

John
Holy poop... I wanna see Mahavishnu in 71!!!
Judas Priest drained the crowd, (77') before Mahogany Rush hit the stage, Frank Marino was visibly bummed and did no encore. On July 25th 1976 Portland Oregon, Gentle Giant blew the doors off the headliner, (just put out too much energy and precision for Yes to match).