'they blew'em off the stage'

what concerts have you attended, where the warm up act blew the headliners away.....my examples...brownville station upstaging zz top to the point where people where chanting 'brownsville station!' during the littl ol' band from texas' set.....another..t.rex upstaging lynyrd skynyrd(yes there really was such a show), and the grass roots upstaging cream.
jaybo
Hey my uncle took me to see Boots Randolph, Chet Atkins and Rosemary Clooney at WolfTrap in 1975. Never mind.
Allman Brothers opening for The Nice (Keith Emerson et. al.)at The Boston Tea Party c.1969.

Best "odd matching concert": at the Orpheum in Boston c.1970 w/Steve Marcus, Capt. Beefheart, and the NY Dolls sharing the same bill (they blew each other off stage??)
Mismatch blow off-The Who opening for Herman's Hermits, '68 or '69 memory fades. More recently, that is within the last 15 years; unknown Keb Mo' solo opening for bored and boring JJ Cale, the crowd called out for Mo' and got him to come back out when Cale limped off.
1978(?). Tom Waits played before Jerry Jeff Walker at the Orpheum Theater in Madison, WI. When Mr Waits did "Phantom 309" it was a transcendent moment. Mr Walker may have been a little under the weather that night.
Rush opening up for Kiss, think it was 77...

Second would have to be Metallica opening for Ozzy 86......