Brandi Carlile

Just wondering if anyone has heard the new
Brandi Carlile album entitled The story. I am
playing it constantly and i can't believe this
album slipped under the radar for so many.She
is an excellent songwriter and has suprising
emotional depth for a 25 year old.Production
on the album could have been better (damn you T Bone
Burnett). Lol. However it's less noisy then Raising Sand.
It's also a much better album imho. Anyone who hasn't
heard it can check it out here:
http://www.amazon.com/Story-Brandi-Carlile/dp/B000NDIAWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1208566296&sr=1-1
blazen69
Nilthepil: Brandi's second album ("The Story") is on vinyl, but as pointed out by Everest_audio, the recording quality is reasonable, but not stellar. Like a lot of new vinyl, there are periodic pressing-related ticks and pops that are NOT removed by extensive RCM cleaning. I bought two copies, with one sounding a bit better than the other. I am not aware of her first album being on vinyl.

Also, I do like Jesse Sykes. I only have "Reckless Burning" (on vinyl). Any recommendations with her newer releases ("Like Love Lust..." or "Oh My Girl")? Do you know if they are available on vinyl?
I saw Brandi on Austin city limits with Rosanne Cash a few night s ago, immediately ordered "The Story" online. I have heard her before, never really knew who she was, I think she is fabulous. I guess I should pay more attention to this forum! Four years later I see my search here was not in vein. Can't wait to hear her other albums.

Any comments on her other releases if you see this pop up again?

She is touring right now, including a few dates with Dave Mathews. She will be in Ashville at the end of July...hmmm
The Story is the best one and second best is Give up the ghost, in my opinion. I also have her first cd and it's just ok. She also has a brand spankin new cd out- came out this month! I can't comment because I haven't heard it yet. I saw her in concert last year and she put out an awesome concert. She opened for Ray Lamontagne. I'm planning on seeing her again this year in Southern Oregon at the Britt Festival in Jacksonville.
The recording really is very poor in my opinion, and I listen to it far less than I otherwise would. I hope she will do an all acoustic version one day with someone who knows what they are doing.