Hooverphonic anyone?

Yeah, Trip Hop. Definitely not a genre of music much mentioned on Audiogon.

The band Hooverphonic has made some sonically astounding music. They are a mix between ambient, hip hop, and psychadelic rock. Like a slowed down, cooled out Kraftwerk or Pink Floyd, but with better vocals and technology than these other bands old stuff. Hooverphonic puts out an electronic soundstage bigger and more interesting than almost anything I have ever experienced. Very cool sounds zipping around and around in 3D. Sounds from your extremem left or right or perhaps even behind you (only have I experience the behind you with my listening position very near the back wall). Great to vedge out with, or to be amazed at what your system can put out that you never knew it could. It is very interesting to me at least.

I suggest two Hooverphonic Cd's. A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular and Blue Wonder Power Milk. These two cd's are sonically magnificent for electronic music, check them out,

Ron
starsandseas
My Hooverphonic CDs arrived today - Blue Wonder Power Milk and Stereophonic Sound Spectacular along with a few other items. Which should I listen to first?

Jan
Now that I have caught my breath... OMG! OMFL! Holy Bats**t, BatMan!

The CD, "Stereophonic Spectacular" finished. Friends, I was literally pinned to the sofa listening to this recording.

The soundstage! Huge, enveloping, deep 3D. The sonics! Soaring and roaring, yet gentle and caressing at times. The compositions! Melodic with a mean bite. The precision! At the breath of a beat and on target. The mixing! Accolates to the engineers. They really outdid themselves. Absolutely blew me away!

I want MORE!

This would be an incredibly amazing recording in 5.1 SACD!
This band got it right...

(Wiping the sweat from my brow). I am actually pleasantly exhausted from listening to this album. Like sex 30 years ago, I want to do it all over again!

Thanks SO MUCH for those participating in this thread. Without your discussion I would never have even known that this band existed.

Kudus Everyone,

Jan
Hooverphonic is superb. Been a fan for years.

And if you like them, check out...

Mono - Life In Mono
Esthero - Breath From Another
Snooze - Man in the Machine (amazing!!)
Hefner - Residue
Abraham - Blue for the Most
Bent - Programmed to Love

And no trip hop list would be complete without Portishead - Dummy.

I could go on and on. :)

Oh and this doesn't have much to do with Hoooverphonic, but I never pass up a chance to plug my alltime favorite band, Elbow, who is coming to NYC 4/26/08. Any album you check out will be a sonic treat.
Good call on the Snooze album - I had not heard them before. If you dig them then Telefon Tel Aviv is a must own. Also Robokoneko, and Disjunction Reunion from CDBaby are great.