Jethro Tull...any cd's to stay away from?

I recently realized that while I have several lp's I don't have any cd's by Tull. Really like the early stuff. The difference between some originals and remastered material has also been a recent revelation to me and not looking to waste any $$ on cd's I'll not play more than once what and where would you look? What about the quality of the dvd concerts?
muncybob
The DVDs are poor in terms of presentation. You get a live track then some chat, then a live track and so on, which was not what I either expected or wanted.
The earlier CD issues were a real hotch-potch of audio quality, none of them being very good. Even the later album "Roots to Branches" was a complete sonic mess, with some tracks mixed well and some wading through mud.
One of my favorite bands. For me, Stand Up is the masterpiece, which is saying a lot for them. I just bought a deluxe edition about 6 months ago with a concert CD etc. All of the three versions I have are great sounding. "Look into the Sun" must be one of the most beautiful songs in the rock genre.
I'm listening to the 24 bit re master of Songs from the Woods right now and it sounds grand,really great. It has no digititis in the vocals which for me is what I can't stand in digital. I have it @ moderate volume and it is not giving up the ghost. Running it through a Sony 999ES Modwright modified Cd player with the tube analog out.
Got to plug Hoffman's DCC gold cd from the original master tapes version of Aqualung. It isn't Warchild clarity for certain but it is quite good. May have to get the newest remaster mentioned above and compare the two.