Name your favorite sax solo.

My personal favorite is Coleman Hawkins playing over Mood Indigo on Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins (Impulse). Gotta be one of the best things ever recorded. Melodic, technincal, beautiful... He was awsome even when he was just mailing it in. You can never have too much Hawk!
grimace
How about this one: there's a wild long solo on a song on Don Ellis:Live at the Filmore. I don't recall the song's name but it was wild and loose as was the whole concert that night. Those who know Don Ellis will know what I mean. Sorry I don't have the name at my fingertips.
Coleman Hawkins has so many beyond "Body & Soul". "Self Portrait" from the "Meets Duke Ellington" album and virtually all of "Hawk Flies High" come to mind. Also Cannonball Adderly has a bunch of great ones, but I particularly like "Can't Get Started" from the Nancy Wilson LP. Boy, there are a lot out there.
The late Grover Washington Jr / Live at the Bijou

The Crusaders / Scratch..."So Far Away" is it Wilton Felder or Wayne Henderson who holds that one note like forever.

Gregg Allman / Laid Back..."Queen of Hearts"
Cannonball Adderley on the Nancy Wilson Album of 1962--the song, "Can't Get Started". One of the best ever solos. It is stylistically similar to the Charlie Parker works of a half a decade earlier. Certainly Cannonball was, as all artists must be, influenced by his works. Beautiful...just beautiful...Haunting really.
So many great solos. I agree with Lrsky, beatiful solo by Cannonball on "Can't Get Started". Check out Cannonbal on Mile's "Live At The Plaza". On the tune "Straight No Chaser", Cannonball is on fire.