It's Hammond B3 Organ Day

I just discovered The Ken Clark Trio and wanted to share my discovery.

Ken Clark Trio Web Site

if you click on the CD's on the right, you can listen to tracks..

Track #6. I Just Woke Up on Mutual Respect sure makes me happy. It was kinda difficult dancing while driving coming in this morning. I imagine my car was hopping down the road :-)

hope you enjoy as much as I have,
Angela
angela100
Shadorne, I can HONESTLY say they are actually better than EVER. Why? Because David Garibaldi and Rocco are still together so the rhythm section is the best it can be. I have never liked ANY Hammond B-3 player in TOP since Chester left - that is UNTIL the current keyboard player, Roger Smith came on board. In fact, how stupid of me NOT to suggest Roger's B-3 CD called "Jazz Rosco's Place" Here's a link http://www.jazzrosco.com/index2.htm

Next, the brass section is as powerful and tight as it has EVER been and the lead tenor player, Tom Polizer is a monster as are Adolfo Acosta and Mike Bogart - the trumpet players. Doc is . . . well . . Doc, and he is the baddest funkiest cat on the planet for what he does and what makes TOP's sound.

Larry Bragg, the lead singer, has now come into his own so much so that he may be the BEST they've ever had. Combine that with 40 years of honing the band's skills and showmanship under Emilio's leadership and they really are amazing to see live. The sound quality is exceptional and you really owe it to yourself to check them out and confirm what I am saying - you won't be sorry.

Thanks for the tip - I have always been a Steve Ferrone fan.
Add Larry Young,Freddie Roach,Jack McDuff and Dr. Lonnie Smith to those group of jazz organ swingers.
Here is another addition to the B3 list - Jeff Young. He plays on this simply awesome CD (available from CDBaby) Zen Blues Quartet! Zen Blues have another album coming. I can't wait.
I just want to thank everyone with such great suggestions and Angela for starting this thread. I have spent $300 on music in the last day!!

Keep it coming....