Best sounding LP nobody else has ever heard of...

I've been off the 'Gon for quite some time due to fatherhood, and was just perusing old threads. I came across "dissapointing audiophile recording" which got me thinking - by far some of the best LP's in my collection (sonically and performance-wise) are NOT the so-called audiophile issues, but just the opposite, they're ones that are never mentioned anywhere. It's often a complete surprise, and sometimes I know within 10 or 20 seconds of dropping the needle that I've got a really special one. So we're not looking for Jennifer Warnes, Pink Floyd, or even Strunz and Farah here... I'm travelling in Asia for 3 weeks, so I can't list mine very accurately by memory, but I will when I return if this thread picks up any steam.
opalchip
One that seemed ridiculous (sounded too good to be true) was Budi und Gumbls, Hmmm. (Budi Siebert). Great reeds, (especially bass clarinet) and percussion. One guy I know used it to sell components to people who should have brought their own records in to audition. The CD version is okay, but not really in the same league as the LP.
I wouldn't say it's not well known in audiophile circles, but Lous Armstrong, Satchmo Plays King Oliver. If your system has the combination of great dynamics, transparency, realism and can impart the emotion of the recording, the first cut, St. James Infirmary, will give you chills, it is that good. Evertthing about this recording, his trumpet solos, his vocals which have all the raspiness and hoarse quality that you have heard on lesser quality recordings but with this one seem absolutely real, and the band backing him, is just superb.
It is like the man was resurrected from the dead and transported to your living room. A moment where great musicianship and great sound came together, which is rare. It is a great find, even if you are neither a jazz lover nor a dixieland aficionado. The album and a LP 45 of the St James infirmary cut are available at Classic Records (classicrecs.com)
re: Armstrong - I believe they used that lp in the Manley/Joseph Audio room a few years ago in San Francisco demonstrating the Pearls and it was pretty awesome as you describe - also voted Best In Show if I recall.
Can anyone ever recall an old 70's german group called "Grobshnit"? My spelling might be incorrect, but my buddy had one of thier LPs, and it was quite good.

The title song I speak of, started out sort of odd, with the chanting La La La-La La La La. The music was killer.

Another obscure LP he had that was very good, was by a band named "Barabas". Gotta ask him what the titles were? Mark