Smooth Jazz Freak needs New Artists

I listen to a lot of Smooth Jazz/New Age (not the meditational or nature sounds type, but closer to Smooth Jazz sound) music.

I'm very narrow in casual listening preferences. Some names I have: Craig Chaquaco, Rippingtons, 3rd Force, Acoustic Alchemy, Larry Carlton, Spyro Gyra, Norman Brown, Boney James, Paul Taylor, Dave Sanborn, David Benoit, Euge Groove, etc. I enjoy almost any instrumentation played in a smooth jazz format.

Anyone got some hot new artists to recommend? (BTW, I DID a search for "smooth jazz" on the site here and not a single reference! So, maybe this can pump up the archive a bit for us poor boring listeners. :)
douglas_schroeder
Log onto www.wnua.com and click listen live. It's a Chicago
station that specializes in smooth jazz. Steve
Instinct Records has a variety of cd compilations called Smooth Jazz Vol.1,2 etc. that seem to be right up your alley, especially since the artist featured are out of the "mainstream" of smooth jazz.
Instinct calls it part of their Instinct Jazz releases.
Instinct originally got its start pioneering acid jazz here in the states. If you're really looking for something a bit different, in the downtempo genre, try their After Hours compilations. Great stuff!
I agree, there are many "oldies but goodies" artists being listed here. Not discounting them, but I always like a fresh face/sound.

Now we're getting somewhere! I REALLY like the suggestions of play lists for Jazz stations! Any other ideas MOST welcome!
Thanks for the good thoughts, and keep 'em coming!

Yes, it does seem that the local jazz station here in Milwaukee is HORRIBLY limited and repetitive. In traveling to such locations as CA, TX, AZ, etc. it seems like another whole universe of artists that we never hear!

Any other Smooth Jazz stations on the net? Maybe I should do a search...
sadly, smooth jazz artists are now as interchangable as pop artists. they are all products of the record company. basically a commodity, not a real group or solo act. it's a shame, because there are so many talented musicians that are forced to play formula songs that the companies jam down our throats. it was better when the tone deaf accountants and lawyers didn't make all the decisions.
Hey Doug, check out cdbaby.com for new artists. They have a fairly large jazz selection with a smooth jazz category. I've purchased from them and although it's hit or miss I have found some great music. I like the 3 for $15 deals.