Bob Dylan finally makes sense....

In a recent interview Bob Dylan called music recordings "Atrocious" and went on to add that no good music has been made in the last 20 years, he went on to add that downloads should be free because the music is not worth anything anyway.
I have never really liked Dylan except for a few songs, but it is nice to see someone take a stand on how badly most music is recorded.
chadnliz
Onhwy61 / Rpeluso:

I guess I will have to haul out my box set and get to know Mr Dylan again. My memory could be faulty. After all, it was a few centuries ago when I was 'young'. I did see him live once in concert in Nurnberg, Germany.The concert was held at the same stadium that the nazi party rallies were held. Sort of ironic. Thanks for your posts.
Rok2id-I suggest you take a listen to Time Out Of Mind. Or Modern Times. Enjoy.
Rok2id-I have to say I envy your position of not being familiar with Dylan's music from the past 15-20 years, there is so much in there that I really love and admire and respect, I wish I could find an artist like that who I am not familiar with and then take the time to discover the treasure trove that awaits me. I hope you derive pleasure from the discovery.

Richard
Bob Dylan's new album Tempest is now released and it is really really good. His voice is of course limited and harsher, rougher etc than ever, but his singing is, to me, almost better than ever anyway. Just listen to the last track of the album, Roll on John, it's fantastic, and the music is too! Incidently, that song is written about John Lennon, who once said about Dylan's voice (somelike like this): "It's not what he sings that's so special, it's how he does it."

And I agree, I love his way of singing, his phrasing, both on his new album and how he as a live artist comes up with these witty and always surprisingly new things to his old songs. Some songs a drastically rearranged and some are not, but no matter what, every version of each song is unique. You just have to listen closely, and maybe even observe his moves on stage, especially these years, he's not as dull or stiff as people say. He is great!