Bob Dylan finally makes sense....

In a recent interview Bob Dylan called music recordings "Atrocious" and went on to add that no good music has been made in the last 20 years, he went on to add that downloads should be free because the music is not worth anything anyway.
I have never really liked Dylan except for a few songs, but it is nice to see someone take a stand on how badly most music is recorded.
chadnliz
Nrchy...I agree with you on the 3-4 defense. It does work however, when the OLB can shift to DE and vice-versa. ie...Jason Taylor...Miami Dolphins. That versatility will.......

Aw hell, sorry.

Back to Dylan.
I have no data on this, but I would rate Dylan as the most covered song-writer ever. The Byrds and The Band launched their careers off of him. Tom Petty, Johnny Cash , Hendrix, Joan Baez , Peter Paul and Mary all covered his material along with countless others. If imitation is the purest form of flattery- then Dylan stands alone.
Not to mention:

Elvis
Jerry Lee Lewis
Carl Perkins
Sam Cooke
Bonnie Raitt
Eric Clapton
Willie Nelson
Stevie Wonder
Bryan Ferry
Bruce Springsteen
Lonnie Donegan
Johnny Winters
Everly Bros.
and on and on and on
There is little I can add after Ben Campbell’s thoughtful and well stated viewpoint other than after many hours of listening to his music and attending concerts is that no matter how much you think you know an artist through their music I gained a much better insight to him after reading his autobiography
I am watching the US Open Tennis Tournament right now and I am seeing Bob Dylan being featured in iPod ads dressed up like a cowboy. Bob Dylan Sells It Like It Is?

Does the guy really need the money that bad?

"Something is happening here, and you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?"

It's like watching Stonehenge fall over.