Bob Dylan finally makes sense....

In a recent interview Bob Dylan called music recordings "Atrocious" and went on to add that no good music has been made in the last 20 years, he went on to add that downloads should be free because the music is not worth anything anyway.
I have never really liked Dylan except for a few songs, but it is nice to see someone take a stand on how badly most music is recorded.
chadnliz

Showing 5 responses by capt369

I never really "got" Dylan. He came on the scene when I was in my late teens. Sure, he suffered some pain and had a little insight into the human condition but so did most of the rest of us.

As one of the, ahem, original hippies, I smoked tons of pot, dropped acid, did mushrooms etc. along with lots of others people.

I think we all, to a certain degree, had insights and solutions for humanity to digest. He just put his "stuff" to song. Welll...okkk.

Of course, the general public thought he was some kind of prophet. Well, that`s cool.

I, and the people I got high with, were just not very impressed. Sorry....Then again, maybe we were just full of crap anyway. :)

btw...I`ve been clean and sober for almost nine years now.

Dick
08-23-06: Ben_campbell
Capt369's post shows the depth of thinking about music for a whole lot of people and I think that's fine but it's neither interesting or thought provoking in itself.
Audiogon is filled with this level of comment time and time again on music.

Well Ben, my "depth of thinking" about music has nothing to do with my thoughts on Dylan and his rise to prophetic and poetic fame. My musical interests were, and are, elsewhere.

To put it simply, we dug Davis, Adderley, Coltraine, Monk, J. Smith, Mann etc.

There`s also a strong argument that these artists had a great influence on todays music as well.

To each their own, eh?

Peace

08-23-06: Tfkaudio
If you don't get Dylan, that's too bad.

Tfk, with all do respect...Nah.
Ben...I`m not an expert on the evolution of music. My thoughts and analysis of Dylan`s work were based on observations made almost 40 yrs. ago.

Until now, I`ve been more interested in whether a trolled split-tail mullet would be almost as effective at fooling a sailfish as a live thread-fin in a 5 ft. chop, or whether, with the proper personnel, the 3/4 defense is more effective and versatile than the 4/3, or in disciplining myself enough to leave the driver in the bag and stick with the 3-wood.

I actually admire your passion and insight regarding Dylan`s influence on modern music. I`ll now re-visit his work and perhaps see it in a new light. I`ll let you know. At the very least, you`ve peaked my interest.

Now, if I could only pay attention to that little voice deep inside that says: leave the driver in the bag...leave the driver in the bag...
Nrchy...I agree with you on the 3-4 defense. It does work however, when the OLB can shift to DE and vice-versa. ie...Jason Taylor...Miami Dolphins. That versatility will.......

Aw hell, sorry.

Back to Dylan.