Morph The Cat : Revisited

I recently purchased the Donald Fagan LP Morph the Cat. Man, I believe this is the best sounding rock LP i have ever purchased (at least one of the best). I saw a post a while back in which some posters felt that the LP was a disappointment in that it had no top end to it, and that it was bass heavy. I found that with a small VTA adjustment, the top end sparkles without losing the tight, deep bass. I love every song on this LP. It is much better IMO than the recent Steely Dan LP's. Anyone else have any thoughts on the sound of this LP?
slowhand
Post removed 
Morph the Cat better than Two Against Nature and Everything Must Go? Really?

Morph the Cat sounds like Fagen phoned it in. A couple of decent tracks, but nothing memorable. It's the first Steely Dan or Fagen album that I've yet bought in two or three formats, and doubt that I will.
Night Fly is a very good album and you will enjoy it., However, it was recorded at 44/16 and is forever strapped to that limiting factor.

As for sound, Morph will sound better, especially the DVD-A.
Actually, "The Nightfly" was recorded at 50/16 on a 32 track 3M digital recorder using 45ips tape. I believe it won a Grammy for best engineering and it is frequently used as a reference by engineers particularly for vocal recording.
44 or 50, it is still limited. Yes, it sounds good but by todays standards it is limited. My point was more that I wish it was recorded in the analog domain, since that was a far better medium when compared to the best digital of the time.