Arthur Lee R.I.P.

Arthur Lee has passed away. If you don't know who he was he was the guitarist and songwriter for the band Love which came out of L.A. in the mid 60's. Love was a band that never got it's due and imo if you match their early discs with stuff by The Who it would stand up very well.
In my youth growing up in California I and many of my friends use to go to his house in Laurel Canyon and hang out there. He was a very retrospective individual who was always wrapped up into his own thoughts. Check out the offerings Forever Changes or a greatest hits package Revisited. His solo album Vindicator is worth checking out too. All the Love albums are available on 180 gram vinyl at the sundazed Records website. Goodbye old friend and thank you for a place to veg out and stare at a lava lamp or blacklight poster or two.
Peace.
qdrone
Forever Changes was Love and Arthur Lee's masterpiece.
If you have even a passing interest in 60s pop/rock you must get this album. It was one of the truely great and unique albums of it's time.
RIP Arthur Lee, you were an under appreciated genius.
J.
I've read a few articles online now, and feel compelled to just say this: "Forever Changes" ain't the only good record Love made -- "Love" and "Da Capo" are essential too IMO.
Da Capo holds the destinction of being the first 33 1/3 Album to have just one song on a side. That song was Revelation on side two.
out here(blue thumb), and four sail(elecktra)too....jeez they were all worth owning.
Don't forget "False Start" (Blue Thumb) either, but for me the first three on Elektra are definitely the DID's of the bunch. "Revisited" was also a nice single-disk retrospective on that label, but can't contain enough material to make it more than an overview introduction for the unitiated. I haven't heard the Sundazed reissues, which I believe are remixed.