Best Rock Drummers

I've seen most of them and by far the two that stand out are Neil Peart of Rush and Ceasar Z. of Golden Earring. For non-rock I would say it's a no brainer with Buddy Rich.
zar
I just realized there are two pages of responses to this thread that go back to 2006. Someone else picked the same drummer with the same comment that I made (i.e. "...without
a doubt"). Also, I checked the date and noticed it was written on my birthday in 2006. Eerie!
Narada Walden's work with Jeff Beck and Mahavishnu Orchestra should not be overlooked, as I think he played into the music a bit more than Cobham did.

Steve Gadd is another name that should be on this list with all the work he has done.

Two just phenomenal players here..
best New Wave drummer IMHO was Clem Burke.Pirre Moerlin of French Gong was awesome fusionm drummer.I liked Simon Phillips of Brit art rock fame.Not everybody is going to bea Moon or Bonham but that's why they are Moon and Bohnham.Oh yeah Zappa's main drummer Ed Mann saw him live on "Joe's Grage" tour.Awesome!
Chazz
Tommy Aldridge has quite a resume. I believe he's listed in the uberlist post previously, however I must mention that I enjoyed his work on Pat Traver's Crash and Burn. Kudos to the engineer on that album as it is some of the cleanest recorded drumming I've heard on a rock album of that era.
I recently saw a couple of performances of the Richard Thompson Trio, his "folk-rock power trio." His drummer, Michael Jerome, who has been with him for quite a while, was truly remarkable.