Which Vivaldi Four Seasons CD to buy???

OK - I'm a total beginner when it comes to classical music. I'm only recently getting into it because it helps me get through my law school readings and retain the information. The music I normally listen to doesn't really do that.

Anyway, I figure Vivaldi's Four Seasons is a good place to start. (I think that my taste leans towards the Baroque era because I also like Albinoni Adagio). My problem is which Four Seasons CD is the best one in terms of the musician and audiophile quality? There seem to be so many out there... (I think that my father has one by Telarc?)

Thanks!
mdp0430
Hi Larry,

The disk that you are referring to, Winston Ma, First Impressions Music, it seems to only be available in SACD. Does that sound right? Unfortunately, my player doesn't do SACD...
I totally agreed with Opalchip on the BIS label by the Drottingholm Baroque Ensemble as being one of the BEST(BIS-CD-275). I also would recommend the JVC xrcd24 version Orchestre De Chambre Jean-Francois Paillard, Gerard Jarry, violon(JM-XR24001). Both are excellent recordings.
I have and the number on that is Archiv 2534 003 recorded in 1982. Archiv 400045 CD is the equivalent. Here's a little review of it:

http://stereotimes.com/mr1030034.shtm

and BTW - here's a very interesting history of Vivaldi and Four Seasons recorded performances:

http://www.classicalnotes.net/classics/vivaldi.html

----------------------------------------------------------

Also another recommendation if you're into this type of music as background for studying - Corelli's Concerti Grossi on Nicholas McGegan, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra Harmonia Mundi HMU 7014 (LP), HMU 907014 (CD). This was on Stereophile's 1991 Records To Die For list. You will LOVE it!
Thanks everyone! I've placed my order on Archiv's site. I will try to listen to all of your other suggestions as well...

I also like Bach, Suite No. 3, Air; Pachelbel Canon; Albinoni, Adagio; Haydn, Symphony No. 94, Andante... I'll be looking to purchase these as finals approach...

Thanks again!