Opinions on Todd Rundgren fronting the New Cars?

Todd's a hero of mine. While he's certainly made some very strange ideas work in the past, I'm a bit nervous about this one. I understand a cd is out next Teusday with a tour to follow in the spring. Anyone know anything?
martykl
at least they may sit out this summer's ringo starr's all- star tour this summer. paulina is starting to look like rick.
i've heard a couple of tunes of Todd with the new cars and they pull it off well. Todd is no Ocasek to watch so the live shows may be odd at first.

Seeburk, todd is still being his own unique self and writing a lot of good intellitent music. there are a few clunkers as to be expected. The thing i dig about todd is his willingness to take chances live. No playing it just like the record every time in my experiences over the last 20 yrs or so.
To second Piezo's comments, Todd is the ultimate double edged sword: He deliberately wanders off into the bizarre corners of music and challenges listeners to follow. I'm a huge fan and, as often as not, I don't get it. But, he is an amazing songwriter, can drop your jaw with his guitar (when he chooses to) and is a truly idiosyncratic tour guide through every corner of pop music (from Gilbert & Sullivan through the Yardbirds). Even when he misses the mark (see Liars, his recent Groove/Electronica flavored CD), you always suspect that maybe the music will show its merits upon revisiting later or being reworked live. In short, hard to pass judgement on this guy - pay your money and take your chances. The highlights are unbeatable and make it all worthwhile for me.
Rundgren is a great experimenter, no doubt. And he definetly deserves credit for never getting stuck in a groove for too long.

But, I just don't see how The Cars monotonic music(which I like) is going to survive his guitar pyrotechnics. There's nothing better that when he lets loose one of his blistering solos.