Gold CDs ...... too much?

Are everyone's experiences with gold CD's (including MFSL CDs) positive? I just received a mint copy via Ebay of Steely Dan's Aja on MFSL Gold CD and something's just not right. Perhaps it's the fact that I've listened to this record (and CD) for almost 30 years now and this is the first time I've heard it on my new system, but here's what I hear.
There is almost too much resolution. Imagine how when you are using your digital picture software and you're using the "sharpness" adjust to modify a picture, and the picture almost becomes surreal, and too "brittle"? That's what I hear on the Aja Gold disk. Things are just too "bright", "brittle", too "much" of everything. It kind of reminds me of the complaints people used to have of CDs when the first hit the market. Sure it sounded clean & everything, but it just didn't sound natural.
Your thoughts??
tgyeti
I've enjoyed PF Metal, Dark Side; Sting, Nothing Like the sun; Steely Dan, Box set; some "miles", "Sonny rollins" and others.
The only remastered disk that I found to be "too honest" was the Sonny
Rollins "Plus 4" as in SACD mode it shows the tape saturation/distortion
too
clearly. I may have about 50 "golds" and I've found all of them to be an
improvement. The above member's above comments are very very valid,
if the remastering lab is not sticking to the origional tonal balance
you may not like
them equally to the origional. It's artistry not science in some cases.
Post removed 
I had something like that happen to me.
I bought the RUSH-Signals MFSL Gold CD,
AND in the song: The Weapon,
the second chorus IS MISSING!
"And the things that we fear" Line was gone!
It`s in the Original version that came out shortly after
CD`S came out in 84-85.
It`s in the new RE-Mastered series.
Why that line was left out, I don`t know.
IT WAS throwing me off EVERYTIME that I played
my drums along with the CD.
My original version, which was the 3rd.
CD that I ever bought, had a scratch on it,
SO, I bought the Gold CD.
Not to my liking, I sold that CD, and got the
RE-Mastered one in 1999. I Guess they went off a DIFFERENT Master Tape? MAYBE, that`s what happened
with your S.D. cd.

There is only one "master" tape, hence the name MASTER!!

Not all labels record off the original master. The term is sometimes applied loosely.

I like all my MFSL and DCC gold CDs. Maybe the gear is the problem?? I use all Mac tubes w/ Vandersteen speakers.
Thanks for all the input folks! It's always interesting to read other's impressions and interpretations. I tend to fall in line with Kurt Tank's thoughts.
Rcprice, your comments were quite revealing as well. As a former artist, I don't know that I agree with MoFi's practice of "altering" the mix, thus changing the "art" as the artist wanted us to hear it. I didn't know they did that, I thought they were just cleaning up the sound, so to speak.
Having said that, my 200gram LP of REM's first album is one of the most beautiful sounding (and great song crafting!) albums I own.
For the record, my system is:
CDP: MF A5
Amp: MF a308r
Pre: Pass Labs X-1
Speakers: Spendor S9
Interconnects & Cables: Analysis Plus Oval 9's